Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Airo

World 1 & 3 Follow-up Post

43 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'd like to apologize for yesterday's topic being so rushed. I understand there was a lot of unanswered questions, so I decided to make this post to explain things.

Why are you closing world 1 & 3?

Originally, on release, OS-Scape had 1 world (world 1). We then released world 2 and it became the primary world due to the shear player count difference between both worlds. World 2 received most of the updates and attention, which slowly crippled world 1 leaving many players unhappy with the lack of updates and care. Updates were slowly pushed out on world 1 and the gap between content on OSRS and OS-Scape grew even bigger. The player count dropped further and the chances of revival dropped even more.

We came up with the idea of creating world 3, which came with a huge risk. We would split the economy community and if it fails, we would lose even more players. World 3 was released with more content than world 1, but it was still a long way away from any acceptable standard. The initial hype for world 3 was big, we hit around 400-500 players on release. This hype soon died down as there was still a lot of bugs and content missing. World 3's experience rates along with lack of content meant that there was basically no late game so players who dedicated a lot of time to the server would find the game stale very fast. Players soon realised that world 3 was no longer the focus and issues between the owners/management became increasingly visible. The community on both world 1 & 3 were fed false promises to keep them happy. Huge updates were planned and ultimately they never happened. Players lost faith in the OS-Scape team and evidently, the player count dropped even further.

Last week, the decision was made for the owners to part ways (you can read more about it here). We're determined to make OS-Scape the most popular RSPS and we feel that this is a step in the right direction. We feel that world 1 & 3 are past the point of revival. We could pump out updates and advertisement but there will always be a limit of how much we could grow. Players already have maximum experience in skills and copious amounts of the rarest items. This is not really something we can change without out a complete reset.

Why will the new world be different?

There is no easy answer to this as no matter what we say, many of you will not believe us. The community was fed false promises for months and there's no guarantee we wont do the same. It's pointless me explaining what has changed when we can just show you with the upcoming updates.

The new world:

There is currently no ETA on when we will be releasing the new world. There is still a lot of content that needs to be added and bugs that need to be fixed before we can set a date. We'll be posting any progress we make towards the new world in the development diary & announcement sections on the forums.

This new world will be designed purely off the feedback we received from the community during the entirety of world 1 & 3. It's likely it will be somewhere in the middle of world 1 & 3. We will have different game modes, with varying experience rates, so that players can choose a play style which fits them best. There will be no benefit from choosing a more challenging game mode.

We're aiming to introduce a lot of new content for the new world. Inferno is just around the corner and raids will be worked on while we're creating the new world. We will update the community on which content will be available on release.

I donated money on world 1 & 3, will I be compensated?

We will not be refunding any donations that were made. We understand that this is frustrating and it's not a position we want to be in, but it's just not feasible.

Your donator ranks will carry over to world 2 and to the new world. On the new world, we plan to reward players for the actual donator rank itself and not give them specific items. You will still be able to purchase certain cosmetic items but most of the reward will come from benefits that the rank gives. I'm not going to speak too much on this as it's not certain, but we will update the community on it as it's being worked on.

Players who have donated for prayer scrolls on world 1 & 3 are able to have them transferred to world 2. Please contact a staff member for this.

Can I transfer my money/items over to world 2 or the new world?

We will not be allowing players to transfer anything over to the new world. We will, however, be allowing players to transfer money/items from world 1 & 3 over to world 2. The rate of this will not be 1:1 as the economies are different and there will be specific rules for this:

The rate of this will be 10,000,000 GP to 10,000 BM. All items will be liquidated and their values will be estimated.

You must have logged on to world 1 & 3 at least once in the past month prior to this post.

Each player is able to transfer up to 1,000,000 BM value, any more will not be counted.

Players who trade items to their friends and alternate accounts in an attempt to cheat the system, will not be able to eligible for a transfer.

If you would like your wealth to be transferred, please create a post here.

All the best,

The OS-Scape team.

Thanks for this follow up post! It was needed.

Glad to hear players who donated will be compensated.

Glad to hear you're doing something to compensate players. I'm sure most people won't be happy enough with just this, but it's better than nothing imo. Thanks!

thanks for this. appreciate it.

Glad to see that we've got some more updates about the worlds.

6 minutes ago, Ned Rickard said:

hide my posts np

Links automatically require approval. I approved your post :)

2 minutes ago, Book said:

can you transfer stuff theo?

Yeah. Moderators can but im not online right now. Feel free to go on world two and ask any of the ::staff

Thanks for the update on this!

Need someone to handle my swaps, I wont be able to get onto a computer for the next 10 days. Can an admin/mod contact me through forum pms asap please

Thanks for the clarity, looking forward to seeing some progress.

Instead of improving, redesigning or trying out a new approach to the current server(s), you decide to just throw it in the garbage bin. 
'Compensating' by allowed players to transfer their bankvalue to world 2, which is an entirely different world that w1-3 players (skillers) have no interest in playing on, is utterly poor player management.

I'm sorry, bu you've lost me as a player. I'm off looking for a new osrs economy private server.

Cheers.

49 minutes ago, The Dutch said:

Instead of improving, redesigning or trying out a new approach to the current server(s), you decide to just throw it in the garbage bin. 
'Compensating' by allowed players to transfer their bankvalue to world 2, which is an entirely different world that w1-3 players (skillers) have no interest in playing on, is utterly poor player management.

I'm sorry, bu you've lost me as a player. I'm off looking for a new osrs economy private server.

Cheers.

They're beyond revival, instead of continuing to slowly cater and catch up on a server only capable of reaching 50-80 players, we're taking a risk and looking to expand into having the largest and most successful economy based world on all of RSPS' currently. I respect your opinion and distaste towards the idea, best of luck and i hope you find what you're looking for.

52 minutes ago, Jason said:

They're beyond revival, instead of continuing to slowly cater and catch up on a server only capable of reaching 50-80 players, we're taking a risk and looking to expand into having the largest and most successful economy based world on all of RSPS' currently. I respect your opinion and distaste towards the idea, best of luck and i hope you find what you're looking for.

I would've taken a different direction than you are currently heading, but I respect your decision. After all, it's your server and you guys should do what you feel is best manageable. I simply regret this, because I did really love your economy server. I might check out your new economy server at some later point, but I have no intention in playing on the PvP-server. Thus I will look for other options.

Good luck with this new direction; hope it all falls together ;)

Cheers

This might actually make me play again, :thinkingemoji:

On 22/07/2017 at 2:56 PM, Jason said:

When do you think we will be getting the first real look at the new world?

Also, I take it you'll be using the same base (current W1/3) and just improving from there content-wise?

2 hours ago, Randoms said:

When do you think we will be getting the first real look at the new world?

Also, I take it you'll be using the same base (current W1/3) and just improving from there content-wise?

It wont be for a while, there'll be a development diary coming out for inferno over the next few days.

Yes, we'll be using one of the worlds and improving on it.

53 minutes ago, Airo said:

It wont be for a while, there'll be a development diary coming out for inferno over the next few days.

Yes, we'll be using one of the worlds and improving on it.

Can you please help me with w3->w2 transfers? Been waiting for days and nobody has helped. Please pm me on forums.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0