Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Airo

New Anti-rag Mechanic (Poll)

New Anti-rag Mechanic   52 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this mechanic implemented?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
29 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

We recently discussed the possibility of adding a new anti-rag mechanic to edgeville wilderness. This mechanic has not yet been coded and we just want your opinions. I'll explain as best I can:

Players would be able to add a player to their ignore list which then stops that player from being able to attack them.

This block would only work up to a certain wilderness level (around 5).

This will not apply to PvP instances.

If you are in combat while trying to add a player to your ignore list, they will still be able to attack you.

Please provide as much feedback as you can and remember this is only a poll; there is no guarantee that this will actually happen.

if this happens, im quitting the risk protection was just as stupid, ITS THE WILD   BRO YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO ATTACK ANYONE AT ANYTIME 1 MORE DUMB WILD UPDATE IM OUT, FINDING NEW RSPS I LOVE OS SCAPE DONT DO IT TO IT, YOU WILL RUIN THE GAME FOR SURE AND THE PKING!

P.S. Delete risk protection instead that would be a better update its the wild you want it like osrs then get rid of er!!

Personally don't think we should further limit the wilderness and we should just ban ragging under 5 wild to protect edgeville/pure/melle pkers.

To protect them? Are you kidding me its a PK server.

52 minutes ago, Jason said:

Personally don't think we should further limit the wilderness and we should just ban ragging under 5 wild to protect edgeville/pure/melle pkers.

yes protect the melle pkers

You are making a poll about anti-rag at EDGEVILLE instead of posting poll about anti-rag at higher wild lvls 10+ ? literally at easts or whatever place you are at, theres so many rune bm glitches and u dont even do nothing about it? logic, i'd say since this risk prot update came u killed  your game, many players quit because this...

Not needed, if the wilderness grows and becomes more active i would want to see this.

holy fuck r u american? coz this is retarded af

Defenetly not needed, atleast for now.

No I dont think this needs to be implemented at the moment.

Hmmmmmm undecided

Few questions. Would this be an ignore list separate to the current ignore list in game? There are some instances where I'll have someone on my ignore list for reasons completely separate to not wanting them to rag me

Also, what if you're deep wildy pking, get tbed by a team and try to run down to the wilderness ditch and add all the players on the team to your ignore list. Does that make it so the other team members wouldn't be able to tag in?

this honestly sounds autistic. how about we fix the gmaul.

It's hard to feel bad for the Os-Scape staff when I look at things like this. I completely understand that you're all in a pressure situation and that it's a stressful job. But really, when I see things like this I can't help but think "You're only hurting yourselves." These types of updates are EXACTLY why the server is so far behind others. You are seriously wasting your time on this type of update when there are real issues that should be addressed. C'mon guys, wake up before it really does become too late.

IMO this would be overkill for the edgepkers. A good PKer will soon find himself ignored by mediocre PKers and he will not be able to find normal fights. It also creates a layer of protection to players only looking to fight noobs to boost their BM or Killstreaks, they just ignore the players that can beat them and they roam around the wild untouched. This idea brings many flaws that will cause more people to be angry than ragging will make people angry. Only thing the wild need is active moderating by helpers/moderators. 

this can be abused easily..

ok so if someone gets fulled at lets say ::graveyard, they'll run to edge and as soon as they reach level 5 edge wild they can just ignore list all the people that are focusing them? 

+ just read that Qip said the same sht too

Don't believe this will be helpful in situations we currently deal with as a staff member or player. 

I see more complaints from players being unable to PK than players being attacked and annoyed.

Hey Sure! 

Focus on Rag mechanics for the 1-2 groups of Nsers that don't even bother to play in the most populated part of your dying wild, - 

Forget how our PvP System is completely broken, how there's a hugely inconsistent delay with prayers, how wearing full rune can grant you no obvious negative effects with mage/range - Oh; and how the rune crossbow hits with 100% accuracy through prayer and armor no matter how negative your range Attack bonus is.

oh! Don't forget that if you're in multi, a guy with huge risk can hit you, but if you're not risking anything and he's past the singles line, you can't hit him back because of the risk prot mechanic!

OH did you know if your opponent loots something mid-fight they can gain risk prot to save themselves from you? 

OH did you know that you can lose distance gap due to PID on this server?

OH did you know that even if you brew down your range/mage stats, they still hit incredibly well? (Try it out!)

OH did you know AGS hits better if you're not wearing any armor?

OH did you know you can evade the risk prot mechanic with runes?

OH did you know you can still stack spear specs even though they're a big reason to why there's cancerous clans in the wild? (not that there is many clans at all ofcourse) 

OH did you know, having no armor makes it REALLY impossible to catch a freeze on you.

Just a few things that this server offers that makes no fucking sense over OSRS.

I use to think you just copied & pasted the source material from OSRS, but now it feels like you tried to make all the scripts from scratch and your left with a hollow shell of what it's supposed to be.

Your server is dying because you choose to update the wrong parts. - Oh and blatant neglect.

This server Will die because the people who actually matter aren't even on the fucking forums reading this, therefore they can't list their opinion. - Maybe try a ingame feedback poll or make OSS fourms more popular to new comers SO WE CAN ACTUALLY GET SOME FUCKING FEEDBACK FROM THE PEOPLE WHO COULD SAVE YOUR SERVER? 

No, keep giving helper/staff ranks desperately to make yourself feel more established.  ~ sosoild2k f*** your server. 

jajajajajaj sounds like u guys still haven't found a way to ban me : P

1 hour ago, SHIPSINKER said:

jajajajajaj sounds like u guys still haven't found a way to ban me : P

l0l0l00l00ll0 +1 - Moe

just start banning raggers there's nothing good that comes from them lol