Sign in to follow this  
Prometh w co

Ballista nerfed?

Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong section i'm new to the forums.

So I just bought a ballista today and realized it sucks now. Is there a reason it got such a heavy nerf? It's kinda useless now

The reason it got nerfed was cuz it was op af hitting constant 50s. I don't know what its like now, so I really cant give any input on the matter. 

It's similar, if not exact to how it is on 07 now, no support. Too overpowered before, had the speed of a whip

The Heavy Ballista has had a solid history on OSS.

On release it was very powerful - It was capable of hitting 85+ with Anguish and Max range void with its special attack - and 64 without the special attack. This made it very expensive as a result, upward of 500,000+ BM And javelins costing anywhere between 90-110 BM each. 

Couple that with the Necklace of Anguish and Max void it comes out to around 635,000 BM (Excluding ammo) to actually use it in this max-format. - but 700K was the more realistic price to obtain this level of power. 

The Ballista at this time was especially sought-after because the Dark-Bow (which had Astonishingly powerful accuracy at the time) was nerfed to correction - making it one of the weakest range weapons in the game,

Thus the Ballista filled in the Dark-bows position as the weapon to Rush with. - The overflowing and popular streams of voiders using the Ballista to both rush and pk with made it stand-out as an overpowered weapon.

The mods still laid off a nerf-update, despite Dhers and Nhers complaining about the massacres of rushing at Edge -

but it was not until OSRS actually made some changes to the ballista that OSS would then follow.

OSRS tweaked the attack-time making it actually FASTER than initially intended and then they also switched around the strength between the Javelins and the Ballista, which gave it More Power. 

Yes, the OSRS update to the Ballista wasn't a nerf - it was a buff, so when OSS copied it the Ballista became Insane. The max hit was capable of 85+ (88 rumored) but the attack speed of the weapon was the biggest problem.

How big of a problem? - It was possible and quite common to rush people with the ballista by firing a non-spec javelin then following it up with a Special Attack on Rapid Attack Style.

There was a 2-tick delay between the hits stacking but it was common for the last tick to get pidded out by the Rusher, so, you often was able to get two-hit by a ballista in ONE tick, but mostly it was 2-tick delay which, is still incredibly hard to react to if you're not paying attention.

The increased amount of hits from the Ballista had also shown people the accuracy it had instore.  It was able to hit  very  hard  very  often  on very strong targets. - This problem, as I say, was highlighted by the fact that Now the Ballista had increased attack speed. 

All the outrage caused the mods to nerf it quickly and when they did they made the first mistake of making the attack speed *slower* than the original release - which, damaged the reputation of the Ballista as a rushing weapon forever. They also pushed back the accuracy, making it very weak on even Rune targets, but still acceptably strong on Void/Ahrim targets, which kept it in service for NH and Void fights. 

After that last update the mods left it as be, assuming all was well - But they had forgotten about the ballistas Stupidly high max hit of around 88. The very high-max hitting potential of the ballista kept it popular and in demand, around this point javelins where about 80 EA now aswell. 

But, the last blow to the ballista came when the new Raids prayer Rigour was released, the prayer, increasing the strength and accuracy of range weapons pushed  the Ballista to have a confirmed max hit of 90.

When this was confirmed the moderators nerfed the ballista once more, capping the max hit yet again to around 85. They later nerfed it again, capping it around 75-80, under the assumption that the added accuracy of Rigour may make it unfair to still have a max hit higher than an AGS.

And that's where it is now, its accuracy is useless on defensive targets and the max hit is less than an Ags. - 

The price dropped to less than 50% of the original release price, to around 200,000-250,000 BM. Javelins also crashed to as little as 60 EA. - These things make it a viable option for low-defense targets, though, KO potential is very low. 

Another thing that aided in the Ballista crashing in price and popularity was the fact that the Void Range set was nerfed. 

Thanks to overly abusive void rushers and poor quality updates, the Balliista went from the most powerful weapon in OSS history to, well, a weapon that everyone has forgotten about and yields little sense to use in most scenarios now.

- I copied this from another post btw : d 

47 minutes ago, Slime6six6 said:

lmfao man wrote a wall of text ^

it matches 07 now nothing more to it, this is how it should be.

"- I copied this from another post btw : d