Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Simplemind

[7/27/17] Dev Diary | The Inferno & What's To Come

Hey guys,

Some of you may have already seen my face around the server every so often and some of you probably have no idea who i am so I wanted to take the liberty of stepping away from work, creating this post to introduce myself, and show you what I've been working on since my start at OS-Scape. 

Who are you?

I won't keep this thread directed too much on me as I know a majority of you didn't come here for this, but I am the new developer hired to work under OSS. I took this position with the ambition to help OSS rise back to the top again.

What's your focus?

As of right now, if I'm not assisting on current bug fixes, I'm directing my attention at reviving of the Eco/Realism world. My plans are to fix any bugs the world(s) may be riddled with before I go on a content spree of development. I've heard many of your concerns about wanting the current state of the server fixed before we just throw more content into the game so that's exactly what I'll be doing.

After the Eco/Realism world(s) have had their share of attention I'll be looking to do a W2 overhaul where I polish the world in its entirety. I have a few ideas in mind for W2 content additions & fixes, but if you have anything to contribute I'd be more than happy to hear it! All in all... I want to show you, the players, that I don't plan on continuing the trend of "inactive development" that may have been apparent in the past from old developers. I look forward to bringing OSS back to where it belongs, #1.

Without further ado, let's get into the diaries.

The Inferno

• The Infernal cape will be introduced to Os-Scape and can be achieved by defeating The Inferno.
    • W1 and W3 will be required to complete all waves and W2 will start at the final boss. (W3 starting point is still up for discussion)
    • The infernal max cape will become available upon a player receiving an infernal cape. You can get the Infernal max cape by combining the two together.
  • Best times will be recorded and displayed after every attempt.
  • You can gamble your Infernal cape by speaking to TzHaar-Ket-Keh near the Inferno Pool entrance for a chance at the pet.

TzHaar Expansion (Mor Ui Rek)

• Mor Ui Rek will become accessible with The Inferno update.
    • You are required to have a fire cape to gain access into the city. You will not have to sacrifice your cape to get int.
  • Fishing spots, mining areas and thieving locations will be accessible within the city providing new materials to the game.
  • The ability to obtain the new obisidian armor.
    • Will require 60 defence to equip.
  • Access to more utilities such as banks and furnaces.

More features will come into play as progress develops. The expansion and Inferno update are fairly close to being done, but no ETA can be released due to needing extensive testing to be done prior to releasing to the live world. 

You can expect more media and videos to come as development expands.

nkrLIom.gif

gxbEynv.gif

5nQbzjz.png

CktyJxT.png

d73RgGP.png

GTo3JuV.gif

ekDBTAh.gif

Feel free to give me your feedback and anything else you'd like to see from me personally in the upcoming weeks.

Sincerely,

Simplemind

Looks great @simpletons!

Looking forward to the release!

Coolio. Looking forward to the inferno content!

Posted (edited)

Hey Simple, welcome to the team!

The inferno looks awesome, and I can't wait to see what you do with the new economy world. :)

Just a couple things I'd like to bring up:

1. In the blog, you mention World 1 and World 3 as if they'll be separate worlds when the revive happens, I thought the two worlds were going to be combined and released as just one world to keep the player base together, could we get some clarification on that?
  2. I strongly suggest not making the inferno the full cave for the economy world. It is an extremely difficult and time consuming challenge for a private server, and if it was the same amount of waves that old school offers, I feel a lot of players would rather focus an attempt like that on the real game. Many players would be discouraged to even attempt it because of the tens of hours it would take them to complete the challenge (if not more), seeing as each attempt averages out to be around two hours. Please reconsider this aspect, I'd love to see the cave shortened down to even just the last few waves as they're still extremely difficult.

With that being said, thank you for everything that you do - I can't wait to see the new world! 

Edited by Belt

Looks amazing! Very excited to try out the inferno.

Also, Would love to see you work on Raids / a Tournament System in the upcoming few weeks.

1 hour ago, Wanted X said:

Looks amazing! Very excited to try out the inferno.

Also, Would love to see you work on Raids / a Tournament System in the upcoming few weeks.

Agreed on the tourney system, really need that.

Holy shit! sooooo stoked Bro! Good work :)

10 hours ago, Belt said:

Hey Simple, welcome to the team!

The inferno looks awesome, and I can't wait to see what you do with the new economy world. :)

Just a couple things I'd like to bring up:

1. In the blog, you mention World 1 and World 3 as if they'll be separate worlds when the revive happens, I thought the two worlds were going to be combined and released as just one world to keep the player base together, could we get some clarification on that?
  2. I strongly suggest not making the inferno the full cave for the economy world. It is an extremely difficult and time consuming challenge for a private server, and if it was the same amount of waves that old school offers, I feel a lot of players would rather focus an attempt like that on the real game. Many players would be discouraged to even attempt it because of the tens of hours it would take them to complete the challenge (if not more), seeing as each attempt averages out to be around two hours. Please reconsider this aspect, I'd love to see the cave shortened down to even just the last few waves as they're still extremely difficult.

With that being said, thank you for everything that you do - I can't wait to see the new world! 

Yeah, my apologies about acting as if W1/3 were going to be separate worlds. It's all one world. As for the length of the inferno in the economy world... I'll be polling some things within this week when inferno is near completion.

Great work so far man, looking forward to it!

amazing work so far man looking forward too it ! :)

2 hours ago, Simplemind said:

Yeah, my apologies about acting as if W1/3 were going to be separate worlds. It's all one world. As for the length of the inferno in the economy world... I'll be polling some things within this week when inferno is near completion.

I appreciate the response! Thanks man. :)

8 hours ago, Simplemind said:

@Simplemind, I'm no one but could I suggest like to be the 3 jads and the final wave? Would be sick to defeat the 3 jads first :)

Thanks for the attention.

Amazing work,  can't wait to see what else you guys have to offer.   I also can't wait for the economy world to come back out :) I miss it badly haha.

I every time spent my half an hour to read this website's articles
every day along with a mug of coffee.

creditos rapidos sin nomina online (Kina)
http://www.xmok.net/comment/html/index.php?page=1&id=71100

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0