Apache Ah64

The Future of OS-Scape v2

The Future Of OS-Scape

This whole post is going to contain a lot of information and we advise you to read carefully and make your own decision at the end.

A few days ago we hired a forum developer called “C0ntex”. C0ntex was a good friend of Bart’s, he’d been helping behind the scenes for months helping to fix multiple forum/website vulnerabilities. He showed a passion for OS-Scape and in return we gave him more access to the forum/website so he could continue fixing these problems. Yesterday, C0ntex received an offer from another RSPS. They offered him IRL money to deface our website. This backfired on C0ntex and he decided to effectively hold us hostage until we paid him or he would release sensitive information on OS-Scape. We did not reach his demands and now he has released all of the information.

A lot of this information will come as a surprise and most of you will feel disgusted by what you have read. Although there is a lot of truth to what has been shown, not everything is as it seems. I’ll try to explain all of this to you, so I’ll start from the beginning:

After this hack, it’s likely there will be a database leak… again. Unfortunately we took a chance in trusting someone and it’s inevitable that they will leak the information when somebody offers enough money. It’s very unlikely that they’ll be able to decrypt the passwords but either way, we recommend that you change your password on OS-Scape and any other place that you use the same password.

Secondly, most of you will have seen the video that’s floating around regarding economy cleaning items. Those videos are legitimate and the items that shown do exist. Several months ago, Nick/Situations our previous owner, added these items in to the game as a way to clean the economy. Almost every server does this but it does not excuse what we did. We fucked up and we accept that. The following accounts were involved in cleaning the economy: “Kingkush420” “Gamble” “Macarina” “Root” “QWERASDFZXC”. The majority of players will not have been affected by this, but for the select few, we are deeply sorry. We accept all of the consequences for these actions… Since this post, the items have been deleted from the game… For those asking, C0ntex was never given these items. He used the database to recover an account on that list and proceeded to use the items to clean players. If you are one of those players and you still care about OS-Scape, please contact me.

Most of you will have seen the constant videos (paid for by other RSPS) about OS-Scape being a RAT. Let’s just get this clear, OS-Scape has never RAT’d anyone. The code which was discovered in the client was not a RAT, it was a platform which enabled OS-Scape to execute .jar files. This could have been used as a RAT, just as every other server could use their client to deliver such things but that’s not something we’d ever do. If you know Bart or anyone associated to OS-Scape personally, you’d know this would never cross their mind. The files that were shown on the screenshot of the server, were placed there to make us look bad. We do not have and we have never had any intention of maliciously harming our players. The code in question was removed from the client the months ago.

Also, some of you may have seen the messages involving Bart and Jason. There were multiple messages shown about hacking/ddosing other servers. There’s no excuse for this, this behaviour was wrong it’s not something any server should be thinking of doing. Because of this, Jason has been demoted from administrator.

This last message is by far the hardest thing I’ve had to write about. Bart accepts the consequences of his actions and for this reason, he’ll be stepping down from server owner. It’s been a long, long journey with many ups and downs but nobody can deny how successful OS-Scape has been. He’ll be writing a personal message in days to come.

OS-Scape will keep moving forward and will be under new management. Myself (Airo) and Mack will continue to keep OS-Scape moving forward. There’ll be an update for the server within 1-2 days and the forums will be back too. We hope you understand and to the players we have lost because of this situation, I can only apologize - it’s been a pleasure having you.

All the best,
The OS-Scape team.

Edited by Airo

What a horror show this all is. Hope you can turn this around with whatever dignity OS-Scape still has. Will be sticking around as I know you can deliver - I really hope you do, and I wish you all the best of luck in doing so.

Edited by Randoms

Shit like this is fucking pathetic. I Regret ever spending my irl money on this server, and with that being said, I never will again. EVER.

1 hour ago, Joggerss said:

Any eta on refunds from eco cleaners :o

6 minutes ago, OVER POWERED said:

Heard nothing back from them. Waited 2 weeks. Time to join another server..

There's going to be a topic either today or tomorrow regarding refunds. We just had to restore the forums and fix a bug with users not being able to sign in.

I think it was the best decision for the servers sake, Ben becoming server owner. The guy literally has the best intentions for the server and is a very respectable guy. Shout out to you mate, make OS great again. 

23 minutes ago, Sizzlebean92 said:

I think it was the best decision for the servers sake, Ben becoming server owner. The guy literally has the best intentions for the server and is a very respectable guy. Shout out to you mate, make OS great again. 

Also I'd like a some sort of partial refund seeing as Jason cleaned me for 150m+ and I know for a fact he had Eco cleaning items. He used the account "gamble" multiple of times. 

11 hours ago, Sizzlebean92 said:

Also I'd like a some sort of partial refund seeing as Jason cleaned me for 150m+ and I know for a fact he had Eco cleaning items. He used the account "gamble" multiple of times. 

This is a joke right? Since you were banned for RWT and rigging duels while mod, you did nothing but talk shit about the staff and the server since then and NOW You want to join the bandwagon and say you were cleaned 150m? Lmfao. You are the definition of a joke kid.

Back to the topic... this is a good change for OSS. Sometimes we need to step back to move forward on a better route.

5 hours ago, I Am One said:

This is a joke right? Since you were banned for RWT and rigging duels while mod, you did nothing but talk shit about the staff and the server since then and NOW You want to join the bandwagon and say you were cleaned 150m? Lmfao. You are the definition of a joke kid.

Back to the topic... this is a good change for OSS. Sometimes we need to step back to move forward on a better route.

Nice demotion

Just now, Sizzlebean92 said:

Nice demotion

Thanks. That all? Got nothing on me. Welcome back though, probably won't be long after you sell your stuff again for a McDouble.

3 minutes ago, I Am One said:

Thanks. That all? Got nothing on me. Welcome back though, probably won't be long after you sell your stuff again for a McDouble.

This is why Ben doesn't trust you and you were demoted.. Look at the way you carry on when you're no longer staff loool

Thats all I have to say, no one needs to see how unprofessional you are by arguing with the most corrupt ex staff member lmfao.

3 minutes ago, Sizzlebean92 said:

This is why Ben doesn't trust you and you were demoted.. Look at the way you carry on when you're no longer staff loool

Carry on? I'm only flaming you because you act like a victim when you betrayed everyone and had the nerve to talk shit to the people you called "friends". I don't care what anyone thinks of me. I show everyone with respect and honor while being staff or not. No reason why you should be allowed to play but whatever.