Simplemind

9/13/17 Development Diary | Clan Wars | Ancient Wyverns

Hey Os-Scape community,

I first off wanted to excuse my brief absence as I was preoccupied with the aftermaths of the storm that recently occurred within Florida. I also am currently moving states this week so I will be back to regular routine starting this Thursday. This week I'm working on a few updates. I wanted to showcase what you can expect to come among other bug fixes that have been reported.

Ancient Wyverns

While we still have plans to add Fossil Island for our Economy World (work in progress) I felt it was worth adding some of the notable features of Fossil Island to W2. That being said the following items will be added into W2 on the next update along with Ancient Wyverns.

• Granite longsword
  • Ancient Wyvern shield
  • Granite boots

Wyverns will be discoverable in deep wilderness around slightly south of the KBD lair entrance.

Wilderness Bosses

This is something i've heard time & time again so I've gone ahead and began working on this. Currently, from my understanding, the state of the wilderness bosses is in pretty fragile state and proves for them to be virtually useless to do (like most bosses in W2). I've gone ahead and reworked the drop tables along with some wilderness boss mechanics so they become more viable for W2. Vet'ion has been added as well as it was a missing component.

Clan Wars

When it comes to clanning in OSS, I think this is one of our key activities. The current state of clan wars wasn't in a position where clans could realistically host battles and because of this, on next update, clan wars will be readily available for any two clans to start a battle. With this comes a few notable features such as:

• Different game modes
  • Different arena types
  • A spectator mode

Bounty Hunter

This is something i've had polled a few times throughout my time at OSS and the results were always all over the place. Because of that I haven't fully dedicated my time to writing this feature. If this feature were to come to Os-Scape would you all enjoy it? This feature would come with its own shop that could only be accessible through mysterious emblem currencies. I can also write this system depending on how you'd all prefer. For example, if you wish to hide the interface from your screen I can do so. I can also restrict the bounty hunter to only certain levels such as wilderness level 1-10. Please, let me know in the comments below.

Bug Fixes

There's a few bug fixes & additions I wanted to discuss in this thread as well. 

• Granite maul: Let me start by saying this original code was not written by me and it is quite the conundrum to mess around with. With that being said, last update I seemed to have fixed one bug whilst causing another. This next update will attempt to fix the bug that was caused by last update but just be patient in knowing that this is something i'm working on to appease everyone.
  • Incinerator: This is something i've fixed recently per request of the players. On next update, you will now be able to delete stacks of items in your bank by toggling on the Incinerator in your bank settings.

I hope I've given you all something to look forward to for next update. If there's something you wish to see that I haven't mentioned please let me know below.

Sincerely,

Simplemind

TGFRCM3.png

WmbezdL.gif

SnLhw4E.gif

7pMqtrF.gif

This is so amazing!

Looking forward.

Thank you very much :)

Edited by Matt

5 minutes ago, Slime6six6 said:

is the bloodkey rework going to happen?

Yes, on this update.

awesome update, i do however dislike the location of ancient wyverns being in wildy. In addition, i would like to see a boost to demonic gorillas drop table, it is honestly horrible. Thank you

41 minutes ago, The Rs Brid said:

awesome update, i do however dislike the location of ancient wyverns being in wildy. In addition, i would like to see a boost to demonic gorillas drop table, it is honestly horrible. Thank you

We don't really see a point to adding fossil island in W2 as the whole focus is mostly aimed towards PvP. With that being said, they will be in their regular location in other worlds when we release them.

14 hours ago, Simplemind said:

We don't really see a point to adding fossil island in W2 as the whole focus is mostly aimed towards PvP. With that being said, they will be in their regular location in other worlds when we release them.

Add pvp to fossil island then :D