Goodbye For Now

As most of you know; Bart is no longer the owner of OS-Scape and everything related to OS-Scape now belongs to Bennie (Mourad). This has been in the works for a while now and although Bart was reluctant to let it go at first, it's definitely the best decision for the longevity of this server. There's a lot of things planned and a lot of resources now backing this project which should see it succeed.

With this in mind, I feel like now is a good time for me to take a break from OS-Scape. I think most of it is due to mental health reasons - I don't think there's been a single day in the past 2 years where I haven't thought about OS-Scape. I wanted this game to succeed more than anyone and that ultimately comes at a cost. I'd also like to apologize for any false promises I've made over my time here, it was never my intention but unfortunately I cannot control everything.

For any of you who wanted an explanation on why things were the way they were over the past 18 months, it all comes down to motivation. Bart is by far one of the best developers in the RSPS scene but he's heavily driven by motivation. He's never really been motivated for the PvP scene and subsequently, OSS has suffered. If he's motivated he can code duel arena in a day and if he's not motivated he will take a month to spend 5 minutes fixing a duel arena bug (throwback). Regardless, he's probably the most genuine person I've met online and I thank him for everything. At the end of the day, we just wanted to provide a fun server for you guys to play and I'm sure Mourad can achieve that.

Thank you for playing OS-Scape and making my time here more enjoyable and a special thank you to my favourite rebacks playing OSS in an internet cafe in Egypt. I'll probably still be around to help out, but for now, take care.

All the best,
Ben & Bart.

Last edited by a moderator: