Rules and Regulations
The Administration Team reserve the right to punish any member as they see fit throughout the entirety of OS-Scape.
If you are unsure whether something is considered rule-breaking, ask a staff member before doing so. It is a players responsibility to know the rules or ask whether something is rule-breaking beforehand, we will not accept any excuses in punishment appeals.
Staff discretion will be used for all the rules.
1. Flaming, Disrespect, Harassment and Inappropriate Content
Within OS-Scape, we seat a culturally diverse community. Communities contain different races, beliefs, ethics, sexual orientations, etc. It is vital that we preserve and protect each culture and that we ensure equality throughout OS-Scape as a whole. The denigration or defamation of a member will not be tolerated.
• a. The use of inappropriate, slanderous and/or disrespectful language towards another’s race, belief system, mental health, ethics, or sexual orientation is not tolerated whatsoever. Although we have an effective ignore system, we expect our members to be courteous towards one another.
• b. Content that is publicized via world yell, public chat, or clan chat that is deemed inappropriate, demeaning, or disrespectful per a staff member’s discretion is not permitted.
• c. Account names containing inappropriate, slanderous and/or disrespectful language towards another's race, belief system, ethics, or sexual orientation are not tolerated.
Advertisement of another RSPS related community is strictly prohibited.
• a. Widespread, ordinary links (eg. YouTube, RuneLocus, Rune-Server, TopG) are acceptable and will oftentimes be permitted, granted one does not take advantage of this exception.
• b. Discussing other active servers in-game and/or on the forums is allowed. Members who wish to advertise a link that is not related to RSPS or was not one of the common links aforementioned may send a link to an administrator and await a response containing approval before publicizing their desired link.
• c. Direct advertisement will not be tolerated on OS-Scape. (eg. "Come join Scape-OS the #1 RSPS!").
We aim to maintain a cordial, pleasant atmosphere on OS-Scape. We expect our members to be respectful to one another. If the content of the spam contains terribly inappropriate, derogatory, or offensive text, the wrongdoer will receive the latter.
• a. If a member acquires a donor status that has a fairly short yell cooldown timer, that does not give them the right to abuse it under any circumstances.
• b. An auto-typer is allowed via public chat. However, one must have at least 10-second intervals between each message with or without an auto-typer.
• c. Excessive begging for personal gain will not be tolerated on OS-Scape.
4. Misleading Links, Hacking, Scamming, and Threats
• a. Misleading links are taken extremely seriously. We expect all links to follow the guidelines (see rule 2) and open up to whatever the link was rightfully advertising.
• b. Any form of hacking will result in permanent removal from the community.
• c. Scamming is not allowed. Players found breaking this rule will be heavily punished.
• d.1 Threats that will put a member’s livelihood, security, personal information, and reputation at risk will result in permanent removal from the community.
• d.2 Threatening to DDoS a member of the community will not be tolerated, whether you are joking or not. Players found doing this will be punished. Aside from the threats, players found to be actually DDoSing another member of the OS-Scape community will receive a complete removal from the community.
5. Punishment Evasion
Punishments that are assigned to members are given to further better OS-Scape as a community and maintain a stable, fair, and efficient environment. With that being said, those who evade will not be dealt with lightly; if a member feels as if they were wrongly punished, they can go about it the right way by appealing and constructively stating their case.
6. Real World Trading
The act of purchasing/selling goods or services (accounts, real-life items, RSGP, Microsoft points, riot points, other private server items for OS-Scape items etc.) will not be tolerated. This rule further effaces hacks, scams, etc. We will not be held responsible for a scam or hacking.
• a. Purchasing or selling any OS-Scape account, or donor status is not permitted on the server or forums.
Disclaimer: The attempt or conspiracy to real world trade will be punished the same as if the user had committed the act(s) in question.
7. Account Sharing
We say this firmly with no exceptions; If you are hacked by a friend or anyone that YOU allow onto your account, it is all on you. We hold no responsibility for hacked accounts due to account sharing. This also applies if your account is breaking rules. If you allow someone onto your account and they get your account punished, the punishments will stick.
• a. Buying/Selling (even if free) any type of service for an account is prohibited ex: Inferno cape service.
8. Third Party Software
We strive to maintain an honourable environment where fairness flourishes and hard-earned achievements are commended.
• a. The use of botting clients/scripts is forbidden.
9. Encouraging Others to Break Rules
Members that are somehow encouraging others to break a rule whether or not the enticed member understands that specific rule will be punished, depending on the extremity or severity of the rule.
10. Bug Abuse
Abuse of a bug or glitch that allows a member to somehow have an advantage over another member or the server itself is not tolerated. We strive to better OS-Scape each and every day. In doing so, we ask all members to report any bugs or glitches as soon as they are found.
• a. Abusing the risk protection is not allowed and will result in a jail and furthermore a ban if continued to be abused.
11. Player versus Player (PvP)
OS-Scape is not to be held responsible for members who have lost their wealth due to non-server sided disconnections. The only exception to this rule may be the instance of a DDoS attack. However, under this circumstance, the affected member must provide sufficient evidence of the incident.
Sufficient evidence may vary depending on the situation and the members involved. We require a recorded video showing the affected members packet loss (e.g. on either TeamSpeak or WireShark) & the OS-Scape client side by side.
• a. PvP-Farming will be an immediate punishment for all the accounts involved.
• b. Luring is allowed for the most part. The few exceptions to this rule are members cannot attempt to lure via world yell or servers clan chats such as Help. Attempting to lure staff by asking for help whilst in the wilderness or anything else that involves blatant deception will be punished.
• c. Ragging is prohibited in the wilderness & in our pvp instances. OS-Scape's definition of ragging is a player who goes out of their way to disrupt someone else's experience in the wilderness by preventing them from PKing (staff discretion will be used when infracting someone for ragging).
12. World Yell
• a. Flaming or flame-baiting via world yell will not be tolerated. On top of the standardized punishment (see rule 1), the wrongdoer will be punished depending on the severity of the text.
• b. Luring members over world yell is prohibited.
• c. Advertising videos related to OS-Scape is allowed.
• d. Anything that can be seen as intentional spam in yell is a muteable offence.
13. Clan Chats
• a. Members are not permitted to advertise personal clan chats while in other clan chats.
• b. Members cannot attempt to lure via world yell or the Help clan chat.
14. VPN Voting
Any use of excessively changing your IP-address to vote will not be tolerated whatsoever on OS-Scape.
We strive to maintain an honourable environment. Anything that brings an unfair advantage will not be tolerated.
• a. Impersonating an OS-Scape staff member is strictly prohibited.
• b. Impersonating anyone for entertainment or fraud is strictly prohibited.
Multi-logging is not against the rules of OS-Scape, as we do allow players to be logged into multiple accounts at once. However, we feel that bypassing the login limit to gain advantage over other users is unfair. We are striving to maintain an environment in which no player has an exponential advantage over other players.
• a. It is strictly prohibited to be logged on more than two accounts at once.