Server dead?

Please could we see some improvement to the server? I've been a player since the old days when we used to hit 1k+ players and it just dosent feel the same. Due to the new ways of obtaining blood money the economy quickly becomes shit as everyone has enough for max gear in litterly a couple hours of pvm. Most players have millions + in cash and items and many are hording to bump up prices. The server is no longer fun, no gambling hosters, duel arena is dead, alot of pk content is dead, hardly any ge risk fights, the only thing alive is clans.

If you want my suggestion - revamp the ways in which people obtain bloodmoney/ change shop prices and maybe bring out an eco reset? the eco is saturated no one even sells shit becuase most players already have every item they need.

If nothing changes then the player count will only continue to decrease.

Kindra32

Senior Moderator
Staff member
We have a lot on content on the line, but we are also re-working on Wilderness Skilling, hence why we have had to postpone an update a little bit. Eco reset will only decrease player count, and will not be a viable option, unfortunately.

I agree how the wild mainly consists of clan pkers which I'm not very fond of, hopefully they can implement some content to encourage casual pking and risk fighting.

The Events hosted daily by staff are the main reason eco is bad. Free ancestral sets, free spirit shields. Now you can see most players trying to sell their stuff daily but no one buy. If you want to do an event, fund it from your own bank instead of spawning more into eco.

Kindra32

Senior Moderator
Staff member
The Events hosted daily by staff are the main reason eco is bad. Free ancestral sets, free spirit shields. Now you can see most players trying to sell their stuff daily but no one buy. If you want to do an event, fund it from your own bank instead of spawning more into eco.
The community wants tournaments and events. If we don't have our own money to do so, don't you think more players will quit? They will think that the server is boring, and therefore quit. We are trying our best to do daily events and tournaments to keep the community happy. The reason we add more items, is because people that have more of them, are demanding more in return.

Derpy

The community wants tournaments and events. If we don't have our own money to do so, don't you think more players will quit? They will think that the server is boring, and therefore quit. We are trying our best to do daily events and tournaments to keep the community happy. The reason we add more items, is because people that have more of them, are demanding more in return.
Basically what you are saying is that its worth it to ruin the eco just to stop the chance of a few players quitting? I think more people have quit because of the eco problem then because 1m+ giveaways stopped. A better idea if the staff wont stop doing the giveaways would be to lower the prize from daily ancest sets and elys to like 100k so it doesn't make as much of a impact on the eco.

And guess what, the people who won these rewards are the ones who already have tons of them :)
How about just do like 100k max per event instead of 20m+/day :thinking:

Kindra32

Senior Moderator
Staff member
all the community wants and needs is playerbase
no tournys ....;

AND A FULL ECO RESET
Eco reset is definitely not needed. We only lose players with eco resets.
The community wants content, and tournament does include content by different kinds.

Derpy

Eco reset is definitely not needed. We only lose players with eco resets.
The community wants content, and tournament does include content by different kinds.
I believe the staff and the few people that have the eco are the only ones that dont want a eco reset though. There should just be a poll on if the server should reset.

Kindra32

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I believe the staff and the few people that have the eco are the only ones that dont want a eco reset though. There should just be a poll on if the server should reset.
Everytime we've eco-reset, we've only lost players in the long run. We're trying to avoid an eco-reset.

the fact you correlating player loss with eco reset may be where you guys are looking at it wrong. Maybe the eco reset is not the problem but it is infact the speed of progression of the economy. It seems with each reset many players obtain millions on 2nd day of release in BLOOD MONEY! We all understand the server can never be revived as it is now in its dying days but really a server reset and a re-work of pvm/pking content to obtain items and blood money should be looked at. But hey i dont even play the server anymore so its none of my business :p

Derpy

Everytime we've eco-reset, we've only lost players in the long run. We're trying to avoid an eco-reset.
May I ask then how does the staff plan to fix the eco problem? Because in my opinion with how long I have been playing on the server if the staff doesn't realize the eco is a problem the server wont grow.

Last edited:

Yoda

Just bring world 1 back and stop with the bullshit events, keep the pvpers on w2 like it was back in the days.
Realism mode, classic mode and laidback mode would be perfect.

And Kindra if you still don't think this is a good idea i suggest you stop being a moderator because you dont know anything about the wellfair of the server.

My suggestion: NEW WORLD 1, NEW MODERATORS (W1) , REGULAR UPDATES ON IT AND THE OLD MODES LIKE REALISM, CLASSIC AND LAIDBACK (with the fixed droprates and xp gains for the modes) BACK.

#BRINGBACKECO

Last edited:

Harsh

Administrator
Staff member
Basically what you are saying is that its worth it to ruin the eco just to stop the chance of a few players quitting? I think more people have quit because of the eco problem then because 1m+ giveaways stopped. A better idea if the staff wont stop doing the giveaways would be to lower the prize from daily ancest sets and elys to like 100k so it doesn't make as much of a impact on the eco.
The eco is barely harmed from any of our events. The reason we are allowing more items to come into the game from events, is due to us wiping out too many items from real-world trading bans. This is why you may have seen elysian, arcane and such increase in price over time.

From what I heard elysian went from being around 4-5m to 20m+

Derpy

May I ask then how does the staff plan to fix the eco problem?
The eco is barely harmed from any of our events. The reason we are allowing more items to come into the game from events, is due to us wiping out too many items from real-world trading bans. This is why you may have seen elysian, arcane and such increase in price over time.

From what I heard elysian went from being around 4-5m to 20m+
The ely going up to 20m+ was not because more were spawned in it is because the same people own them all and can sell for whatever they want to hence the eco problem. And i don't mean to offend or anything by saying this but coming from one of the 2 staff that do the giveaways I expected you to say they are not harming the eco. And if I may ask does any of the staff or the owner even realize there is a eco problem?

Harsh

Administrator
Staff member
The ely going up to 20m+ was not because more were spawned in it is because the same people own them all and can sell for whatever they want to hence the eco problem. And i don't mean to offend or anything by saying this but coming from one of the 2 staff that do the giveaways I expected you to say they are not harming the eco. And if I may ask does any of the staff or the owner even realize there is a eco problem?
Those "people" that owned the majority of the elysians were most likely banned for rwt and wiped afterwards. I'm pretty sure there is not any player holding more than 3 or 4 elys. And yes, we are somewhat aware of the economy. If you could give a more in depth explanation and possibly a solution we would very much appreciate that.

Derpy

Those "people" that owned the majority of the elysians were most likely banned for rwt and wiped afterwards. I'm pretty sure there is not any player holding more than 3 or 4 elys. And yes, we are somewhat aware of the economy. If you could give a more in depth explanation and possibly a solution we would very much appreciate that.
I made a suggestion post about what could be done to help the server but to go into the fix for the eco problem its simple. Wipe the server and make it harder for people to make money. One of the problems is the shops are to cheap for the items they have when I had my 8m bank the server got boring because there is no point to risk fight 50k when you have 1m+. Also ( I know it would never happen) make it so pking comes the best way to make money instead of staking/pvm I feel the staff has forgotten the main idea of the server was to be a pvp server not pve/staking. [edit]: And the giveaways while not being the main problem with the eco do not help it at all.

The servers eco can legit be fixed so much better, wipe eco (painful, but realistically has to be done.) increase shop prices, reduces item/blood money methods to make blood money actually have value and not to be able to make 100k in like 15 mins of revs or other pvm. Invest in 1 major rsps youtuber to do a os-scape revive video, hopefully bring 200+ players and pray the updates can retain them. Otherwise in a couple months this server will have 30-50 avg players.