1.   #1
    Lurker

xxx
    I just downloaded the client and when i go to open it up it does nothing...... i tried running it as an admin and still nothing and i tried changing the compatibility and still nothing...I tried to uninstall it and redownload it but still nothing? Any ideas?? Im trying to download it using windows installer, but if i try using java runner what should i be trying to open it with?

2.   #2
    Staff2

xxx
    Can you provide a picture of the error you get/explain what happens when you try open the client.

3.   #3
    Helper
    Helper

xxx
    Hi Below me kid,

Your problem sounds very familiar and easy to fix. Please use this guide:

http://forum.os-scape.com/showthread...ng-guide-(WIP)

Thank you.

4.   #4
    Lurker

xxx
    i tried running the desktop icon as admin and it just does nothing. it doesnt give me any messages or error codes. i also downloaded the host file to see if that fixed it and still nohting.... if i try to download it using the .jar it keeps asking me what app i want to use to open it with but im not sure which app im supposed to use/? i also tried usuing winrar to extract it and find the loader but ive gotten no where?

5.   #5
    Helper
    Helper

xxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Below me kid View Post
    i tried running the desktop icon as admin and it just does nothing. it doesnt give me any messages or error codes. i also downloaded the host file to see if that fixed it and still nohting.... if i try to download it using the .jar it keeps asking me what app i want to use to open it with but im not sure which app im supposed to use/? i also tried usuing winrar to extract it and find the loader but ive gotten no where?
    Okay. If it asks you what app you have to use; click on something like "Select other application". Then go to your C:\ drive, look for either Program Files or Program Files (x86). Then in these folders look for a folder called "Java". If U are in the Java folder, go to a folder called "bin" and click on "java.exe". Then try to open it. If this still does not work, please PM me your Skype details.

6.   #6
    Lurker

xxx
    okay loef so i did everything you just said and when i get into the bin folder there is no java.exe. theres multiple javas in there like just java, javaws, and other ones but no exe. i tried to open it with just the one that said java, and it looked like it tried to open up cmd prompt but quickly disappeared. any suggestions?

7.   #7
    Helper
    Helper

xxx
    Yes, send me a PM with your Skype details and we fix this within 5 min.

8.   #8
    Lurker

xxx
    leof helped me fix this problem by creating the batfile in notepad and saving it in the save directory as the launcher. thanks guys for the help

9.   Thankful Users:

10.   #9
    Lurk 24/7
    Staff2
    ExtremeDonator

xxx
    LOEF you are the man! Thank you for being so helpful to all these people having client issues.

11.   #10
    Administrator
    Admin

xxx
    ^ Closed and moved

Thread Information