Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Welcome to the new forum!

「セイギノミカタ」
    Admin
    Music
    forum developer
    community manager
    Hey there, everyone!

Welcome to the new forum! After significantly longer than we care to admit, we're finally ready to launch a forum where everybody, from each and every world, are able to meet under the same house and interact. I know there's going to be a ton of questions regarding the new transition, so I'll try and give out as much information as possible in this announcement, as well as stick around for awhile answering any questions members might have! Sooo, with that in mind, if you have any questions at all, please feel free to post them below and one of us will be sure to answer them! I'll also be updating this thread often with some of the more important questions that have popped up, and include an answer (just to sort of cut back on redundant questions). So, to start, we, the OS-S management team, would like to welcome all of you to the brand new forum we'll be using.

As I'm sure some of you may have already noticed, each world is separated by its own tab. Within each tab, or category from this point on, are a variety of sections designed to cater to each of the world's expected discussions; that is of course, with the exception of the "Main Forum" and "Help DesK", which we'll get to in just a little bit. Each category has been given it's own color scheme (though if you look a bit further into it, you'll see that some of the buttons and whatnot are still blue, but that will only be temporary). This is to help members better identify that each world is in fact, its own! We'll be treating each category as if it was its own dependent world, only this way we can guarantee that players of each world are all treated equally and receive an equal amount of attention (shout out to the Eco players). As it stands, the staff team are capable of moderating each and every section of the forum, with the appropriate permissions in place to keep specific sections private (Reports, certain archives, etc). However, we're definitely expecting to find the odd bug to pop up here, so if anything strange comes up, please to hesitate to report it!

Now we know a lot of this is going to seem completely overwhelming, and we understand the frustration the majority of you are going to face, so it's with a bit of regret that we'll have to inform each of you that threads and posts from the preexisting forum will not be transferred over. This means that all accounts, though existing, will be like they are newly registered. This means 0 post count, 0 threads, and a completely vanilla profile. The reason for this, kept simple, is that because we've changed forum software, and because of the amount of custom work we've done in the background (tying everything together), migrating over user accounts from the old forums just simply wouldn't work. Right now, everyone's account are all tied to the server; think of it... sort of like this: each field of your profile requires a box. Posts, for example, could be box one. Now, because of the systems in place on this forum, box one is actually tied into several other boxes, and there's a formula in place that will scale them all appropriately as you post; if we were to transfer over the standing threads and posts from the other forums, we'd have a conflict in everything being synced up, and the boxes wouldn't be getting the proper information. Another example would be the user IDs; right now, each and every forum account that was made has been put into the database according to when they were first logged into on the server. Before, as accounts were held separate of each other, account IDs were assigned differently - someone could be ID5 on the forum, but would be ID65470 in the game. With two forums, and multiple server accounts, there's possibility for up to 4 accounts overriding each other for which ID is actually 5. Now I know it's a huge pain to realize all of your work isn't going to mean anything on this new forum, and we're not expecting anybody to take this news in light, but in the long run it's absolutely essential and for the better.

The project in itself is always striving to move forward. We've recently redesigned the main website, the shop is soon going to be redone, and now we've just launched a brand new forum. We're super excited to share it with all of you, and are really looking forward to continuing to move forward.

So, to log in, simply enter your current server username and password and you'll be ready to go.

Again, if there's any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to post them below.

Thanks!

OS-Scape Staff

| | |
    --> Last edited by Eva; 07-18-2016 at 22:56.

2.   Thankful Users:

Re: Welcome to the new forum!

Lurker
    This is so sexy Eva.

4.   Thankful Users:

「セイギノミカタ」
    Admin
    Music
    forum developer
    community manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxseraid View Post
    This is so sexy Eva.
    I'm glad you like it! I'm just waiting for the wave of bugs to start popping up, haha.

| | |

Sometimes the best way to save someone is to walk-away!
    Staff2
    great job eva <3

「セイギノミカタ」
    Admin
    Music
    forum developer
    community manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake Fanv View Post
    great job eva <3
    Thanks! If you happen to find anything that happens to be a bit... odd looking, please make sure you let me know!

| | |

Sometimes the best way to save someone is to walk-away!
    Staff2
    Quote Originally Posted by Eva View Post
    Thanks! If you happen to find anything that happens to be a bit... odd looking, please make sure you let me know!
    sure thing

Lurker
    Sick update , thanks eva!

Donator
    Donator
    Youtuber
    Nice job, But somehow i did like the old forums better because it looked abit more easier somehow but i ain't complaining! -- // Pontus !

「セイギノミカタ」
    Admin
    Music
    forum developer
    community manager
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGHAN JAMES View Post
    Sick update , thanks eva!
    Of course! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pontus View Post
    Nice job, But somehow i did like the old forums better because it looked abit more easier somehow but i ain't complaining! -- // Pontus !
    Yeah, the new forum is definitely going to take a bit of getting used to! It's nice though, because we're able to do a lot more customization wise with it, so it opens up a lot more avenues to do things with!

| | |

Donator
    Donator
    Youtuber
    Eva, Damn i really asked you to try out the Helper Rank on the new forums dayum im getting used to this forums! // Pontus

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Thread Information