[04/13/2018] Refunds & Combat Overhaul (+Fixes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bart

Your Personal Favorite™
We're excited to announce the long-awaited Credit Refunds for people who have previously purchased items from the OS-Scape store. We would like to apologize for taking slightly longer than predicted; it has taken us quite a bit longer than expected to come up with a system that gives you, the players, your promised 15% back - without letting the game's economy take a strong hit.

The Refund System
As previously promised, we're refunding you 15% of your purchases in credits. This only applies to purchases you have paid for, not credits that you have purchased from another player. While 15% may sound like it's not much, even this amount is going to put a lot of money into the game's economy. To combat a sudden influx of money, we've decided to spread it out. Once per 20 hours, you can claim a chunk of the money - 5% of your refunded total to be precise. You can keep it in your account, or you can spend it right away. This can be done every 20 hours until you've claimed your entire amount.

How to claim, you ask? Simple. You'll find a new character, Bart, in the north-west corner of Edgeville, against the shop wall. Yes, that's me - I'll be on stand-by to give you the portion you're asking for. First and foremost, you'll have to insert your old username and old password. This will let you claim the original account, locking it to you. You can then immediately begin claiming your credits.

Note: refunds cannot be claimed if you've spent under 35$ because of a limitation of our system (which does not support purchases under 5$ (15% of 35$) as per the rank limitation).

Combat Overhaul
As we've previously discussed with most of you, the combat system wasn't exactly how you wanted it to be. We've taken the time to rework a lot of it, and take input from people who are very well aware of how the combat system should work. We believe our end result is very accurate, and we hope you enjoy it!

Improvements & Fixes
On top of these two big changes, we've also fixed a few smaller things or added new features:
  • PvP accuracy system has been completely revamped;
  • Granite maul special attack has been reworked;
  • Shop additions:
    • Cemetery teleport has been added to the supplies shop;
    • Lumberyard teleport has been added to the supplies shop;
    • Crystal seed has been added to the supplies shop for 4k blood money;
  • Fixed Zulrah's defensive stats;
  • Fixed the pet unlock announcement icon;
  • Fixed Sigmund's buy price for mysterious emblem (3), tazanite mutagen and magma mutagen;
  • Added a 'Wanted-goods' option to Sigmund ;
  • Added a 'View-help' option to the OS-Scape guide.
As always, we work based on your feedback. Please do not hesitate to let us know what you'd love to see - new content or fixes - through the forums. Thank you for playing OS-Scape!

Warm regards,
The OS-Scape team.

Last edited:

Mabel

To combat a sudden influx of money, we've decided to spread it out. Once per 20 hours, you can claim a chunk of the money - 5% of your refunded total to be precise. You can keep it in your account, or you can spend it right away. This can be done every 20 hours until you've claimed your entire amount..
From what you're saying it will take me a whole month to claim my refund? How it that plausible?

@Bart @Situations @Astro

Bart

Your Personal Favorite™
From what you're saying it will take me a whole month to claim my refund? How it that plausible?

@Bart @Situations @Astro
It was either that, or a dead game. Since we care about the state of OS-Scape, we had to make this decision. We're not too happy with the solution, but we had to do something to avoid the massive influx. Our apologies, we're doing this with our best intentions in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.